The Temple Online
Get The GeauxVote Moblie App (sample ballot) for your Andriod or iPhone from the play store or itunes on your smartphone,
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Facts About Breast Cancer In The United States
- One in eight women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women.
- Each year it is estimated that over 246,660 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,000 will die.
October is Domestic Violence Month
- 1 in 4 women & 1 in 9 men in the U.S. are victims of domestic violence at some
point in their lives.
- Each year, intimate partner violence (IPV) results in an estimated 1,200 deaths and 2 million injuries among women and nearly 600,000 injuries among men.
- In intimate partner violence, abusers use control, rape, power, manipulation, isolation, lies, intimidation, weapons, economic control, harassment, verbal and emotional abuse, racism, and coercive and violent actions against their partners. IPV does not necessarily leave a visible wound or bruise.
Williams Memorial CME Temple
Changing Lives: “Building People of Purpose, Power, Passion and Praise”
30/30 Just Like Jesus Challenge
An Intimate Walk With The Savior
Purpose of Study: During this month-long journey, we will examine the heart of Jesus together, as we focus on getting to know Jesus’ heart. We will strive to develop a heart like Jesus. According to Max Lucado, “God loves you just the way you are, but he refuses to leave you that way. He wants you to be just like Jesus.” With determination, faith and God’s help, we can become Just Like Jesus!
All members are invited!
- Spend 30 minutes a day for 30 days with the Savior.
- Study the Just Like Jesus Devotional (Max Lucado). Study Plan components:
- Thinking – Step away from daily demands and meditate on a selected scripture, pondering how the words of Jesus apply to you
- Hearing – Be still and listen to the heartbeat of Jesus in your life.
- Reflecting – Savor the day’s scripture, reading through penetrating questions and reflect, uncovering how you can become more like Jesus.
- Speaking – End the day’s devotion in honest conversation and heartfelt prayer as you discover new questions and praises you want to share with Jesus.
- Strive to become more like Jesus during daily face-to-face encounters.
- Sow a $1.00 per day seed offering for 30 days.
- As a church, we will study 11 different heart conditions during the Sunday School and the Wednesday Bible Study services.
Month of October Just Like Jesus Devotional Study (Daily)
Month of October Study 11 Heart Conditions during Sunday School
Study while striving to develop a heart like Jesus
10/30/2016 Culminating Activity – Panel Discussion – A Heart Like Jesus
30 Day Challenge
Click here to view the full page 30-30 Challenge
Shreveport Leadership Forum: The Ministry of Stewards
Welcome to Williams Memorial CME Temple Online
Williams Memorial CME Temple Church
We greet you in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Thank you for your interest in our website. We are multi-generational, with more than 112 years of ministry in Shreveport. Our church celebrates God in worship, shares the good news through evangelism, and transforms lives through biblical teaching. Our Sunday School begins at 9:30 a.m., and at 10:45 a.m. our Sunday morning services begin.
This website is design for members and visitors. If you are a visitor, the evangelism ministry prays that as you navigate through the site, information about our ministries, beliefs, and teachings encourages you to join us for Sunday morning worship.
Our website is also design to give members of Williams Memorial information and knowledge that nurture spiritual growth through the prayers, meditations, and teachings. The site also gives members of Williams Memorial historical data to better understand the faith and rich tradition of Christian Methodism that nurtures the gospel’s call to make disciples.
We take great care to update the site to tell members and visitors about events that invite their participation. We welcome you to interact with us on Facebook and check back with us often for updates. Contact us if you have concerns or questions.
The Lord bless you